Christmas in July
Why Celebrate Christmas in July in Australia?
Christmas in July, also known as Yulefest, allows us living in Australia, the opportunity to experience Christmas in the coldness of winter, enjoying all the trimmings of a traditional winter Christmas. Think roasted meats, steamed puddings, eggnog, warm fires and family gatherings.
Being a quieter month, Christmas in July is a perfect time to catch up with family and friends.
Many businesses also use Christmas in July to hold events for customers and staff.
What day is Christmas in July ?
Christmas in July is normally celebrated on the 25th July or a week-end closest to then. But if that date does not suit you, go ahead and plan for any other day- there is no set date as Christmas in December.
Christmas in July Celebrations, Activities and Party Ideas at Home
Christmas in July is growing in popularity in Australia. You may find planned events in your community along with restaurants offering a traditional Christmas menu and Christmas in July parties.
In December outdoor activities such as backyard cricket or going to the beach is popular.
For Christmas in July at home, opt for winter activities:
- Charades: Add a Christmas twist with ugly Christmas jumpers and Christmas themed topics.
- Backyard Camp out : Enjoy roasting marshmallows over the camp fire and have fun with the kids creating your own smores.
- Karoake : A Christmas themed Karoake with Christmas songs can be fun and result in an evening of laughter.
- Board games and trivia : Add a Christmas theme to board games and trivia for a family night.
- Movie night : A Christmas in July movie night with Christmas movies, popcorn, hot chocolate and snuggling up on cushions may just be the best family night!
- Baking cookies : Enjoy the smell of home baked cookies while decorating Christmas Cookies with the kids.
Christmas in July Gift Ideas
There are no set traditions for Christmas Gift giving in July.
Some decide to give gifts in July. Others choose to use the time to spend with their friends and family without gift giving.
Kris Kringle gifts on the table can add a fun factor to your Christmas meal ithout buying too many gifts.
Or if you prefer, donate some time or money to a worthy cause.
Decorating for Christmas in July.
Christmas in July is the prefect time for you to bring out your Christmas decorations
Santa hats can be a fun table decoration along with homemade crackers or bon bons.
Christmas wreaths for a table centre-piece, ribbons and garlands along with pine cones for a winter Christmas.
This is also the perfect time for you to go through your Christmas decorations and see what decorations you need to donate, recycle or buy.
Use this time to plan for Christmas in December without the rush. Look for inspiration on Pinterest and create a Christmas Board with ideas. Make a list of items you want to buy and look out for sales in the year.
Planning for Christmas in July
If you are a lists kind of girl, we’ve got you!
To make your Christmas planning easier, feel free to download our free printable checklists to help you get organized for your Christmas In July.
Our printable planners include a
- Christmas Gift Planner,
- Guest List,
- Table Setting Planner,
- Christmas Food Shopping List,
- Christmas Meal Planner for Breakfast, Lunch Dinner and Christmas Eve.
- Christmas To Do List
- Weekly Planner.
For more ideas on Christmas Planning head on over to : Getting ready for Christmas.
Enjoy Christmas in July!
- Tags: Christmas in July
- Sandra Da Silva